Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Long time coming..........



DECEMBER 2008

So it has been months since I have done this blog, but not because I haven't wanted to!! It's amazing how time and life can let things get away from us.......I am going to do my best to summarize our past few months and post some highlights, and then start fresh for the here and now!

There has certainly not been a dull moment in the Katz household since November. Lots of wonderful, happy moments, some sad, but all memorable and special to me.


I will start with Christmas! We had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed spending time with our families and sharing yummy food, lots of laughs, and way too many presents for our resident princess....Aubrey had an American Girl Christmas and was showered with gifts from all our families and was so excited. She smiled and laughed the entire day!








We did all of our favorite holiday traditions........seeing Santa at Phipps Plaza, riding the Pink Pig, going to see the lights at Life College, drinking lots of hot chocolate and just spending time with our family and friends. We were very blessed this year with more blessings than I am able to name and we are so thankful. We said so long and farewell to 2008 with much gratefulness and are looking forward to an exciting 2009 ahead of us!!



JANUARY 2009



January began with a sad and difficult time for our family. Jon's stepmother, Jody Katz, passed away after battling cancer. We were so sad to say goodbye to her and will miss her so very much. She loved all of us, but especially Aubrey.......she loved to talk to her and play with her and was always so excited to buy clothes for her! She definitely instilled her love of fashion in Aubrey...... :) It was hard for Aubrey to understand that she had passed, but Aubrey decided that it was okay because she was now in heaven and became an angel....... so sweet. We will miss "Grandma Jody" !!


In December I began rehearsals for Jesus Christ Superstart Gospel here in Atlanta at the Alliance Theatre.  What an unbelievable experience it was!!!  Everyday at rehearsals I was continually blown away by the talent, the joy and the love and inspiration my cast members brought this show.  And I felt even more blessed to be a part of the show considering I was hired even though I was pregnant!!!  A thing not heard of too often in the world of theatre!!  But what a sweet journey it was to share this amazing show, this beautiful music with my baby girl in my belly the whole time.  She would kick as the drummer was drumming and move all around at the sounds of these amazing voices night after night.    We opened the show to rave reviews and everyone that came to see it just couldn't stop talking about it.  What an event it was for Atlanta, for me and for everyone that came to share it.  I just feel so blessed and so grateful to have had this experience and I know I will never, ever forget it.  Every show was such a gift and a blessing to me.......no matter how big my belly got, no matter how tired I was, no matter how many contractions I was having during the shows!!!!!  Oh yes, good times.  But it was a once in a lifetime experience and I am thankful to everyone who shared it with me.  

Jon and I at opening night.......


Me on the Red Carpet!  And of course my shining moment with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland who came to see the show and loved it!!











So exactly one month and 5 days after we closed the show..........

My precious baby girl.......Eliana Grace Katz......was born.

March 28, 2009
8lbs. 2 oz., 21.5 in 

I was 37 weeks along but had been having contractions for months!!  I woke up that morning, on a Saturday and I just knew it was the day.  I cleaned my house from top to bottom, and started having contractions around 10am.  We knew I had to have a c-section so we called the doctor to let her know about the contractions and she said to come on in.......time to have the baby!!!  I packed Aubrey up to stay with our friends and tearfully said goodbye to her.   I was so excited and so sad all at the same time......to be giving my big girl a baby sister that I knew she would love and adore, but also to be saying goodbye to the 4 years of just her here in our lives.....but I knew we were about to be blessed beyond belief with this little life and I was right!!
Eliana is the sweetest, most precious baby girl and I am the luckiest mommy alive to have her here with me, making me smile and laugh and just filling me with joy day after day.  Aubrey is such a wonderful big sister and we have just been blessed beyond belief with our 2 beautiful girls.  Everyday I am amazed at my little miracles here in front of me.  They have taught me so much about love and joy and life.  God is soooo good!  
I love getting to know Eliana more and more each day.  She is such a happy, happy girl.  I sing the Martina McBride song to her, "Happy Girl" because it makes me think of her everytime I hear it!  She does nothing but smile, eat, sleep, smile.......  



And now here we are, 4 months later, winding down a wonderful summer.  2 beach trips to Destin, one trip to Louisiana for some Wood Family time, one trip to South Florida for some Katz Family time, and lots of miles on my new car-but worth every one of them.  It has been a great summer with my family, the four of us, journeying in this new direction together!!  I feel so complete and so utterly blessed.
Aubrey starts Pre-K next week.......my very big girl that I am so proud of.  Eliana will be 5 months next week and is a "tummy time" champ....like a little yogi in her "cobra" pose......
I have begun my yoga practice again and so thankful to be back in it.  I start back to work teaching at The Music Class next week and am looking forward to all those sweet little faces I get to bless with Music every week!
Jon continues to hold down the Southeastern district in his company and still loves his job.......he has also grown his love for his yard and the raspberry bushes we have and made a delicious batch of his "jonny jam" again this year......it is a neighborhood staple now.....  I knew I would make a proper Georgia boy out of him!!

I have been wanting to update this blog and share my memories for so long now and am so proud of myself for finally doing it!!!!  Now to continue from here and share life's journey with this family that I am so blessed and thankful to have by my side.


1 comment:

Heather @ Love Bug Kids said...

Great post...nice catching up with you! Hope to see you soon! -Heather