Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving.......


I am so thankful today for so many things.......I am thankful for my husband and for how absolutely wonderful he is. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter and how she makes me smile everytime I think about her! I am thankful for this little girl baby in my belly and what a miracle and blessing she is........
We were talking today about how blessed we feel to be surrounded by so many people that we love..........we are so grateful for our families and our friends and for how much they mean to us.
We sometimes wish to be closer and see each other more often, but we know that we all love each other very much and that is what matters the most.

I especially want to write and say how thankful I am for my beautiful Grandmother that passed away last month. I have been wanting to write about her but have just been a little sad and not able to. But today I was thinking of her and how much we all miss her and I am just so thankful to have had her in my life for so long and for all the memories and love I was able to share with her. She lived 93 amazing years and was a Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother and even a Great, Great Grandmother...........she was so wonderful. Our family got together last weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving and it was the first time in my 31 years that she wasn't there to celebrate and be with us all........we were sad, but just looking around the room at all the family she created and brought together was truly a blessing to see. She was loved by so many, and very much by me.
So a heartfelt thankfulness goes to my Grandmother, all my family, my friends and the many blessings I am given each and every day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

2 comments:

Tim and Amberly said...

What a beautiful picture and sweet comments! I echo your sentiments about Grandmama. I was so lucky to have a second chance at having a grandmother when I married Tim.

Heidi said...

Jamie, Your thanksgiving comments touched my heart! I lost my Nannie in November and she was 93 as well! It just was so special to read that and be reminded of how blessed we were to have her for so long. I am so thankful for my 27 years with her and all that she gave me and the legacy she left behind.