For the third year in a row we headed to Phipps Plaza to visit with Santa Claus!
Aubrey wrote her list out this year all by herself which included a "live cub, kirsten doll, zebra, horse and horse". She made sure to explain each item to Santa in detail but ended up leaving Santa thinking she wanted a real cub, real zebra and 2 real horses!! So he told her he wasn't sure if he could bring her real animals but he would look for some pretend ones for her. She assured him that "even though they are stuffed animals they are real to me!" It was too precious.
Eliana loved Santa! Her first encounter with the jolly old man .... She looked right up at him with her big blue eyes and smiled and then reached right up to grab a big chunk of his beard. Poor Santa. He was a good sport about it (since it was a real beard) and just loved the girls and reminded them to say their prayers and brush their teeth.
This is one of my favorite events of our holidays......I love seeing the awe in the girls eyes and knowing how "magical" it all feels to them. I certainly haven't forgotten what it felt like when I was a little girl and how much I always loved Christmas.
Holiday season here we come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment