Sunday, November 21, 2010

Twist......


Me, Hillary and Leslie - opening night!


Aijia and I .......my Twist BFF and partner in crime
Aubrey, Alaman (Twist) and I........
Tena Clark, Debbie Allen, me and Gary Prim......writers and director.....



So at the end of July I began rehearsing for a new musical to be performed here at The Alliance Theatre...... "Twist-An American Musical"......directed by Ms. Debbie Allen.
What an amazing opportunity it was. The rehearsal process was crazy and busy and absolutely wonderful. I loved every minute of it. (except tearing my hamstring! boooo..... ) but it was well worth it. We rehearsed from July-26th - August 31st and opened for previews on Sept.1st. The cast was phenomenal, including about 15 kids from Atlanta and LA who were so unbelievably talented. The producers, writers, musicians, director, choreographers........everyone involved in this show was so talented and so passionate. It was truly a blessing to be a part of it.
I was in the ensemble, dancing and singing my butt off and also understudied the role of Angela (which I went on for one night the last week of our run). The music is so beautiful, inspiring and fun.
We closed the show on Oct.3rd and said our goodbyes. I have truly missed my cast and crew and everyone involved. It was an experience I will never forget!!!
I also have to thank my precious family for their support during this show......Jon going above and beyond to take care of our girlies.....Aubrey coming to see the show 4 times!! and Eliana for sharing her mommy.......
Thank you "Twist" for an amazing run......

No comments: