If it is even possible............I now have a daughter in Kindergarten. Unbelievable to her dad and I. Even as grown up and mature and smart and amazing as she is, we still think of her as our first little spirited, strong, beautiful, independent and sweet little girl.
Aubrey started school at Mt. Bethel Christian Academy on August 11th.
It was quite the first day of school. We left super early so we could take lots of pictures and just savor the moment and enjoy. I decided to take the back roads just to be safe in case the highway was jammed.
Baaaad choice.
We hit every red light, every school bus, every bit of traffic, every everything that ended up making us 2o MINUTES LATE for the first day of school. Aubrey wasn't upset but of course I was beside myself. In tears, freaking out, feeling like a bad mom, no time for pictures, etc. etc. We got to her classroom and her teacher consoled me. I sucked it up for Aubrey's sake and hugged and kissed her and wished her the most wonderful day ever. She was so excited and so brave. I was so proud. And so mad! Couldn't believe I was so late. I am never late.
So I went to my car and cried my eyes out. Partly for being late and missing those first day pictures, and mostly because my precious baby girl was on her own and making her way in the big world of elementary school. Too much for this mom to take on all in one morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment