Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Eliana Grace - 6 months old!




September 28, 2009

Six months ago today my 2nd baby girl was born! It is absolutely impossible to believe that 6 months have already passed since she came into our lives, but at the same time it seems like she has always been here.
Eliana is truly the sweetest, happiest, easiest baby that has ever been. She smiles with her whole entire face and just fills me with joy everytime I see her. She loves her family and especially her big sister.....everytime Aubrey comes home Eliana starts laughing hysterically at her.
So at six months old, Eliana is a champ on her belly......you can't put her down for 2 seconds without her flipping over to be on her belly! She is just starting to pull her knees up underneath her and can push herself up on her arms really well. She's not quite sitting up yet, but she'll do it for a few seconds at a time. No rush for me!! I am so not ready for her to crawl or be mobile yet. I want her to stay my little baby for a little longer......although I can say for sure that I have enjoyed every second of her little life thus far. It's definitely easier the second time around......less worries and uncertainty, and more enjoyment of those early days and months that go by so fast.
Her official 6 month doctor visit is Fri. so I will have to update her stats then..(and here it is! 17lbs and 27inches, 95% percentile for her height!! My girls are going to tower over me one day)....but she is eating solid foods, sitting in her high chair, and putting everything within reach right into her mouth! No teeth yet, but she is definitely teething (and drooling!!) But she never complains. The only time she cries or fusses is every 3 hours or so when she is ready for her bottle.....other than that she plays and watches her surroundings, talks to herself and her toys, sleeps like a champ, and is just happy. Happy, happy girl. She truly brings such joy to our lives.....she is just a dream. She sleeps 12 hours at night and wakes up with a big old smile on her face.
I can't wait to get to know this little munchkin more and see the amazing little girl she is growing up to be. How I got to be so blessed with my girls I will never know, but I thank God everyday for the miracles that they both are.

Happy 6 month birthday Eliana Grace Katz!
We love you sooooo much!!

No comments: